At Walton Hall Park, Everton defeated Tottenham Hotspur in a thrilling 2-1 victory. Nicoline Sørensen’s goal for the Blues gave them the lead in the fourth minute, but Evelina Summanen’s goal for Tottenham tied the score halfway through the first half.

Substitute Aggie Beever-Jones decided the game for Everton late in stoppage time, her last minute goal stopped worries that the match would finish all square.

The game’s first serious opportunity was converted by Nicoline Sørensen, who finished off a nice team move to give the Toffee’s the 1 nil lead. Izzy Christiansen was on the edge of the area when Italian international, Aurora Galli, found her. The midfielder then slotted the ball to Sørensen who calmly finished near the post past the Tottenham goalkeeper for her first goal since coming back from injury.

Despite the promising start for the Blues, the visitors tied the score in the 22nd minute. Evelina Summanen received the ball from Beth England and scored from the outside of the box. Her shot flew past Courtney Brosnan and settled into the bottom right corner of the net.

Brian Sørensen turned to his bench in the second half as both teams searched desperately for a winner in what proved to be an inspired move as two replacements combined for the winning goal.

Aggie Beever-Jones seized control of the ball on the edge of the box after Elise Stenevik expertly curled the ball into her path. The attacker made a right foot cut before delivering the ball precisely into the bottom left corner, setting Walton Hall Park ablaze.

Personally thought that Aurora Galli had a fantastic game, it was great to see her start alongside Izzy Christiansen in midfield.

Everton are now unbeaten in their last three games going into the international break, a streak they hope to continue against Brighton & Hove Albion on Wednesday, April 19. Kick off is at 7pm.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Verified by MonsterInsights